Paleo Roasted Parsnip Soup With Almond Pesto Recipe
Compared to the glossy peppers or the creatively designed cauliflowers, parsnips never had the beauty of the other vegetables. It is long, rough, and has a boring color. But much like muscle cars (silly on the outside, powerful inside), parsnips are packed with vitamins and minerals that will give you a health boost. Do not ever take this root vegetable for granted again. Try this Paleo Roasted Parsnip Soup With Almond Pesto Recipe and be amazed.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Toss parsnips with 1 Tbsp. coconut oil in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Place parsnips in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until tender about 25 minutes.
- Pulse almonds and herbs in a mini-processor until very finely chopped.
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp. coconut oil and lemon juice and pulse to combine.
- Season pesto to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Transfer parsnips to a blender.
- Add stock; blend until smooth.
- Pour soup into individual bowls.
- Drizzle with pesto and serve.