Paleo Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole Recipe
When it comes to vegetables, potatoes are probably the most versatile. You can have it fried, mashed, baked, boiled, or roasted. But the world’s most famous vegetable might not be a star when it comes to health benefits. Potatoes are high in glycemic index, meaning they breakdown quite quickly upon digestion, therefore not providing lasting amounts of energy. Also, it is very high in carbohydrates, and not a good choice for those who are into diet.
So what’s the better replacement? Sweet potatoes. They are just as good and much, much healthier. Prepare them like in this Paleo Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole Recipe. You can never go wrong.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using coconut oil, grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- Place your shredded sweet potato into your baking dish.
- In a skillet, heat some oil cook sausages and onions until sausages lose their pink color and onions become translucent. Stir in spinach and garlic powder and cook until wilted.
- Pour contents of skillet into your baking dish.
- Combine eggs, sage, coconut milk and seasoning to a bowl.
- Spread this mixture over your baking dish.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes