Paleo Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Recipe
Portobellos (also spelled “portabella” and “portabello”) are the steaks of the mushroom world, not just in size, but in nutrition as well. These spores the size of our faces boast of Vitamin D (especially if highly exposed to the sun), as well as cancer-fighting nutrients like Copper and Selenium. They also contain healthy amounts of carbohydrates, and protein, all while containing very low amounts of fat and calories.
This Paleo Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Recipe just gives more reason to consume these titanic mushrooms.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Preheat skillet on medium with coconut oil
- Add onions and poblano pepper to the skillet and cook until tender
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook for 3-4 min
- Chop the sausage and add to skillet
- Add the tomato sauce and cook for another 3-4 min
- Add Spinach and bay leaves and cook until spinach welts
- Remove the mushroom caps and place on a baking tray
- Add the sausage mixture in the cap of the mushroom
- Bake for 20 min and Serve