Paleo Strawberry Pineapple Fruit Leather Recipe
Fruit leathers, also known as roll-ups, are what make childhood awesome (OK, licorice candy twists, too). They are a fun way of making kids stay away from overly sugary candy and chocolate bars. But these days, manufactured fruit leathers are nothing but unholy mergers of corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, artificial colors, and artificial flavorings, which kind of defeats the purpose.
Healthy and genuine fruit leathers are made up only of real fruits and honey and vanilla for flavorings, nothing else. Take this Paleo Strawberry Pineapple Fruit Leather Recipe for a good example.
- In a blender combine all ingredients until mixture is smooth.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Line an 11 x 17" baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pour mixture onto parchment paper even the mixture with a spatula creating a very thin layer of fruit puree.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 7-9 hours until puree is completely tried out and leathery.
- Cut strips lengthwise leaving parchment paper.
- Roll it up and store in airtight container up to 2 weeks.