Paleo Spaghetti Squash Recipe
No one can say no to pasta, especially if it is spaghetti (singular form is spaghetto). The tomato sauce-laden noodle originated from Sicily back in the 12th century and reached American shores 700 years later.
No one can really say no to that sour and slightly sweet goodness, except those who are in Paleo diet. The good thing is, this Paleo Spaghetti Squash Recipe will finally end those cravings. Just ditch out the fattening cheese. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Split the squash in ½ and scrap out the seeds
- Season squash with olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste
- Bake for 1 hour or until tender.
- Let squash cool for 10 min
- While its cooling cook the sausage over medium heat in a skillet.
- Shred the inside of the squash with a fork.
- Dice the tomato in small chunks
- Toss in spaghetti squash into skillet, add tomato, garlic and cook for 2-4 min
- Add spinach until it wilts.
- Salt and pepper to taste