Paleo Sesame Beef And Broccoli Recipe
Aside from chop suey and pepper steak, beef & broccoli is probably Chinese cuisine’s greatest gift to Western cooking (and no, fortune cookies are not Chinese). This sumptuous concoction of beef, broccoli, and soy and oyster sauce provide a healthy dose of high-quality protein, B vitamins iron, and zinc from the beef and vitamin C, vitamin A, calcium, folic acid, and fiber from the broccoli. Throw in some sesame seeds to give a boost of iron, manganese, phosphorus, and copper, like in this Paleo Sesame Beef and Broccoli Recipe.
- In a large skillet, heat the sesame oil and cook the garlic until tender 3-5 minutes.
- Add slices of steak and cook until browned.
- In a small bowl, mix lemon juice, coconut aminos, red pepper flakes, and 1 cup vegetable broth.
- Remove steak from pan.
- Using same pan place broccoli and carrots in the heated pan. If needed add a little bit more sesame oil.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the pan to coat the broccoli and carrots.
- Cook until tender.
- Return the steak to the pan and add the green onions.
- Stir steak in until it is well coated with the sauce.
- Top with sesame seeds.