Paleo Seared Ahi Tuna Recipe
With respect to beef, many consider tuna as the supermeat. And true enough, this high-protein, low calorie meat is a superior substitute to red meat and poultry. No to mention, it has high levels Omega-3 fatty acids that can never be found in land-dwellers. No wonder, dieters, health buffs, or those who are maintaining a low-cholesterol diet are turning to tuna for a more delightful meal.
And when it comes to tuna, the Ahi or Yellowfin tops the list (OK, Albacore, you too). Try this Paleo Seared Ahi Tuna Recipe for a tummy-satisfying, waistline-friendly treat.
- 1lb Ahi tuna steak
- 4 Tbsp of black sesame seeds
- 4 Tbsp of white sesame seeds
- Celtic Salt to taste
- Coconut oil
- Preheat skillet on high with coconut oil
- In a mixing bowl add both sesame seeds and celtic salt.
- Cut the tuna into a rectangle to get more even slices.
- Cover the tuna steak with sesame seeds
- Sear tuna on each side for 45 sec on all sides and remove from heat.
- Cut and Serve!