PALEO ROASTED CARROTS AND PARSNIPS RECIPE
It’s no wonder Bugs Bunny could survive everything the Looney Tunes throws at him. Carrots, his all-time favorite snack, are boasting with vitamins and minerals like Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Folate, Phosphorous, Potassium, dietary fiber, Manganese, Molybdenum, and Magnesium. Parsnips, on the other hand, contains healthy amounts of dietary fiber, Folate, Potassium, and Vitamin C, making this Paleo Roasted Carrots And Parsnips Recipe a hearty snack.
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and thinly sliced in ¼ -inch strips
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and thinly sliced in ¼ -inch strips
- 2 ½ tablespoons coconut oil
- 10 fresh sage leaves, chopped, or ½ teaspoon dried, plus extra for garnish
- Place a rack in the middle of the oven. Begin by preheating the oven to 375°F. Prepare a 9 x 13-inch baking sheet (not nonstick) by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the parsnips and carrots together with coconut oil until well covered with the oil. Season with the salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly then assemble on the prepared baking sheet in one layer.
- Roast until tender and lightly browned, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat some coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in sage and cook just until starting to get crisp.
- Place roasted carrots and parsnips in a serving bowl. Add the cooked sage and toss lightly to coat thoroughly. Top with the remaining sage leaves.
- Serve warm.