Paleo Pumpkin and Parsnip Mash Recipe
It was in 1747 when America was first introduced to the art of mashing potatoes in Hannah Glasse’s Art of Cookery. Since then, we have come from this to mashing different vegetables (that are not potatoes) from cauliflowers to butternut squashes to apples to turnips to carrots.
For those who are into Paleo diet, try this lovely Paleo Pumpkin and Parsnip Mash recipe. It is not only a delicious substitute to the ubiquitous mashed potato, but pumpkin and parsnip also offers more Vitamin A and packs waaay lower calories and lower Glycemic Index which makes it more diet friendly.
- Boil pumpkin and parsnips in a pot of boiling water for 15 minutes until tender.
- Drain pot add coconut milk and mash until smooth.
- Heat frying pan add coconut oil.
- Once coconut oil is heated add garlic and sage and cook for 5 minutes until sage is crisp.
- Combine pumpkin mash and sage mixture together.
- Serve and Enjoy!