Paleo Pot Roast Recipe
There is a bit of science behind pot roasts’ overpowering deliciousness. Made from the chuck cut of the beef, it is being partially roasted to induce Maillard reaction. This browning process creates a chemical reaction between an amino acid and a reducing sugar. The result is the creation of hundreds of different flavor compounds which breakdown to create more flavors. No wonder pot roast is so utterly delectable.
Now that you have caught up with science, discover Paleo Pot Roast Recipe‘s appeal.
- Coat the inside of the slow cooker with coconut oil
- Pre heat the coconut oil in a large skillet.
- Season the roast with salt and pepper and add to skillet
- Sear all sides until well browned
- Place vegetables in the bottom of the pot and pour the stock over them
- Add the roast to the slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours until the roast is tender
- Serve with vegetables and Enjoy!