All-Natural Paleo Pork Loaf Recipe
As someone into Paleo diet, you shouldn’t be caught enjoying meatloaf any time of the day. The commercialized, factory-processed versions of the American comfort food these days are just laden with tons of sodium, fat, and additives. Homemade meatloaves, on the other hand, are an entirely different story; because you can control the ingredients you put into it and make it as natural as it can be.
This Paleo Pork Loaf Recipe is one of those. It is packed with protein, healthy oils, and carbohydrates. It also reminds us of grandma’s old-school cooking.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a skillet heat coconut oil.
- Once heated add onion, garlic and mushrooms and cook until soft and translucent.
- While skillet is cooking place ground pork,chili powder, smoked paprika, coconut milk and egg in a bowl and mix well. Place this in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Line your loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Taking your meat mixture out of the fridge combine it with your skillet mixture.
- Pour mixture into your loaf pan.
- Add bacon strips across the top of pork loaf.
- Place into oven and allow to cook for 1 hour making sure the center is cooked thoroughly.
- Allow to cool and sliced into slices.