Paleo Pesto Spaghetti Squash Recipe
No one can resist pasta, especially if it is pesto. The herb-y, garlic-y, tasty goodness is just too much for human defiance. So for you who are in a Paleo diet, we can understand your predicament. That is why in this Paleo Pesto Spaghetti Squash Recipe, we will use squash instead. The pumpkin’s less famous little cousin is a rich source of Vitamins A, B6, and C; as well as fiber, magnesium, riboflavin, folate, and potassium. Pasta has never been this good.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds
- Brush the inside flesh with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Place flesh side down and bake for 45 min until soft and tender
- Meanwhile place the pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until finely minced
- Add parsley leaves, chives, oil and process until smooth.
- Using a fork scrap out the spaghetti squash into a skillet
- Add the pesto and stir until mixed thoroughly
- Serve with halved cherry tomatoes and pine nuts for garnish