Paleo Lasagna Recipe
Literally means “chamber pot”, lasagna might be the oldest pasta dish in the world, with its history dating back to 200 years before Christ’s birth. Today, it is one of the staple dishes of Italian cuisine as well as American comfort food.
So how do make this irresistible food healthier? Through this Paleo Lasagna Recipe. Instead of the pasta, we replace it with layers of vegetables. Now, you can go Garfield on this and not feel guilty.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Grease baking pan with coconut oil
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into thin slices and add salt to taste
- Slice eggplant lengthwise
- Slice poblano peppers in half and remove seeds
- Over medium to high heat add coconut oil to skillet
- Add onions to skillet and saute for 2-3 min
- Add ground beef and cook for 5-7 min
- Stir in tomato paste, basil, oregano and Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 min
- To assemble lasagna, spread ½ of the meat sauce into the bottom of prepared pan. Then layer the zucchini slices, spinach, followed by all of the mushrooms and peppers and top with eggplant.
- Add as many layers as you wish
- Bake for 45 min at 350 degrees
- Let stand 5 min before serving and Enjoy!