Paleo Kale Salad Recipe
Spinach might own the title “King of Greens” (no small thanks to Popeye), but the title “Queen” goes to kale. The low-profile cousin to the better known veggies like collard greens, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and broccoli is rich in fiber, iron, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and calcium, but containing lower calories and virtually has zero fat. It is also a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, and promotes cardiovascular health. Seriously, the question is not what kale cannot do, but what it cannot do.
Indulge in this Paleo Kale Salad Recipe to reap its benefits.
- 5 cups shredded Tuscan kale, cut in ⅛-inch strips
- 1 Poblano pepper, removed, and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut in '/e-inch slices
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- [url:4]1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, peeled, coarsely chopped
- [/url]1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, for garnish
- In a large salad bowl, combine kale strips with the Poblano pepper and carrot.
- In a blender, bring together oil, balsamic vinegar, ginger, almond butter, maple syrup and salt. Blend until very smooth.
- Drizzle this dressing over the kale and toss very well to thoroughly coat vegetables with dressing.
- Sprinkle almonds on top as garnish. Serve immediately.