Paleo Herb Roasted Chicken Recipe
When it comes to better protein quality and lower calorie content, white meat is the way to go. Chicken meat’s protein and amino acids are better absorbed by our body compared to the red variety. No to mention, the omega 3 fatty acids of the feathered kind trumps the horned variety’s by six notches.
Unfortunately, chicken comes only in the form of deep-fried, cholesterol rich, sodium-laden monstrosity these days that it actually cancels out its health benefits completely. Your best bet? Go herb-roasted, like in this Paleo Herb Roasted Chicken Recipe. Have fun!
- Preheat skillet on medium with coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Saute onions are garlic for 3-4 min
- Season and rub the chicken with salt, pepper and seasonings.
- Add the chicken to roasting pan
- Add onions, carrots, ½ cup water
- Roast for 1.5-2 hours.
- Half way through the cooking time, flip the chicken over
- Remove and let rest for 20 min.
- Serve and Enjoy!