Paleo Glazed Parsnips And Butternut Squash Recipe
Fast fact: Frying makes the food taste better because of two chemical processes : Caramelisation and Maillard reaction (hold on to your thinking caps, this is a bit sciencey). Caramelisation is the browning of the sugar, resulting to the production of the distinctive caramel sweetness and aroma. Maillard reaction, on the other hand, arises from chemical reactions betweenr educing sugar and amino acids, releasing more flavors.
Unfortunately, frying has bad reputation of being unhealthy (read: hamburgers and donuts). Fortunately, this Paleo Glazed Parsnips And Butternut Squash Recipe will let you enjoy a little bit of pan-fried goodness and still be healthy.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium.
- Add parsnips, butternut squash, and onion.
- Cook until beginning to brown, 4-6 minutes.
- Add broth, pure maple syrup, and vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium for 20 minutes until there is only a small amount of liquid remaining.