Paleo Garlic Mashed Parsnips Recipe
Whoever invented mashed potatoes, we owe a great deal. It makes all dish just special, whether it is steak, sausage, meat pie, burger, meatloaf, or even dumpling. The possibilities are endless. However, whoever came up with it, obviously is not trying to be fit, as potatoes are very high in Glycemic index, not to mention the high calories it has.
The best alternative would be this Paleo Garlic Mashed Parsnips Recipe, it is very low in GI, more nutritious, and just as delicious. Bon appétit.
- Peel parsnips, garlic and then slice
- Combine parsnips, garlic, water into a slow cooker
- Add coconut oil over the ingredients and salt and pepper to taste
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours in a slow cooker.
- Once tender and cooked mash together with coconut milk
- Serve and Enjoy!