Paleo Garlic Hummus Recipe
Humus has a reputation to be a diet food, and is popular among athletes, body builders, or those who are trying to shed some pounds. And why not, it is rich in fiber, folic acid, healthy fats, and a whole lot of vitamins and minerals, all at very low calories. It is a good substitute for fat-laden mayonnaise and dips, and a perfect pair to fresh carrots, bell peppers and cucumbers.
Chickpeas not paleo? Try cauliflowers, like in this Paleo Garlic Hummus Recipe. Happy snacking!
- Preheat your oven 500 degrees
- In large bowl combine the olive olive, cumin, salt and pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces
- Add the cut cauliflower to bowl and toss coat the cauliflower with spices
- Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet and place in oven
- Bake for 30-35 min, half way though resort the cauliflower
- Take the garlic and smash into a paste.
- In a separate bowl combine the guacamole, lemon juice and garlic paste.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and place into a food processor with the paste.
- Blend everything until smooth, if too thick add more olive oil.
- Season with chili powder and add olive oil on top
- Serve and Enjoy!