Paleo Fried Plantains Recipe
So, your mom just got home from the organic vegetable bazaar, bringing these large, green, a bit more angular bananas with her. Because you like bananas, you immediately grabbed one and took a bite, savoring its bland, starchy flavor.
Nope, that fruit is not raw, it is a plantain. The banana’s close relative needs to be cooked first before you can eat it. If you are curious what a cooked plantain tastes like, sample this Paleo Fried Plantains Recipe.
- Preheat oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Using a food processor blend clinatro, garlic, vinegar and lime juice
- Peel the plantains and cut them in slices
- Toss the plantains with honey
- Fry the pieces until browned and tender
- Mash the plantain and top with sauce ( to make creamy add paleo mayo)