Paleo Flakey Chicken Nuggets Recipe
When Doctors Richard D. deShazo, MD and Steven Bigler, MD from the University of Mississippi took a look at chicken nuggets under the microscope October last year, they were astounded. They found out that the American breakfast staple for kids is made up of a few muscles, protein, carbohydrates, and a whole lot of fat, very far from the lean meat the companies are marketing. No wonder, Chef Jamie Oliver is waging a war against them. This is what chicken nuggets have become.
For a healthier option, better make them at home. You can follow this Paleo Flakey Chicken Nuggets Recipe as a guide.
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder together and season chicken breasts.
- Cut chicken into nuggets size pieces.
- In a bowl, eggs together.
- Dunk each piece of chicken into the egg wash and then the shredded coconut.
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper place each pice of chicken on the cooking sheet.
- Lightly baste the top with coconut oil then bake 8 – 10 minutes. Turn over then cook another 4 – 5 minutes or until cooked through.