Paleo Chocolate Cake Recipe
Chocolate cake is everybody’s favorite cake. Its universality and versatility knows no limits. The sweet, moist, and fudgy treat is perfect for birthdays, celebrations, reunions, or even just good old coffee time. This is probably because of chocolate’s mood-boosting effect that appeals to people regardless of age, culture, or situation. No wonder it spawns many variations from black forest to layer cakes to even triple chocolate.
So, you are on Paleo? No Problemo. Try this Paleo Chocolate Cake Recipe and feed your self-indulgence.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Grease one 10 inch round cake pan with coconut oil
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine water, salt and honey.
- Stir until completely dissolved and set aside
- Using a double boiler or microwave oven melt the chocolate
- Add chocolate, honey mixture, eggs and beat together
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Have a pan larger than the cake pan ready, put the cake pan in the larger pan and fill the pan with boiling water halfway up the sides of the cake pan.
- Bake cake in the water bath at 300 degrees for 45 minutes. The center will still look wet. Chill cake overnight in the pan.
- To unmold, dip the bottom of the cake pan in hot water for 10 seconds and invert onto a serving plate.