Paleo Chicken Marsala Recipe
Named after the sunny and rustic Italian town of Marsala, Marsala wine is crafted from the southern town’s indigenous white grapes. Coming in sweet and dry varieties, it is known for its various culinary uses, one of which is the Chicken Marsala. The rich, earthy, and mellow taste the wine provides is perfect for soft texture of the chicken.
This Paleo Chicken Marsala Recipe puts a healthy twist in a classic Italian dish. Just take it easy with the wine.
- 4 Organic skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup Marsla wine
- ¼ cup cooking sherry
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp celtic salt
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- In a bowl, mix together the almond flour, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Coat chicken pieces in almond flour mixture.
- Take a large skillet add coconut oil over medium heat
- Place the chicken and lightly brown
- Turn over the chicken and add mushrooms
- Pour wine and sherry and cover skillet
- simmer chicken 10 min and turn over.
- Cook for another 5 min or until no longer pink
- Garnish with thyme and Enjoy!