Paleo Chicken Fingers Recipe
Chicken fingers make good use of the otherwise bland (as compared to wings and legs) chicken breast. This is a good thing, because when it comes to nutrition and weight management, the breast part is the winner. It is a good source of lean protein and energy, as well as Vitamins B, B3, B5, and B9. Also, it is rich in selenium, phosphorous, and tryptophan, an essential amino acid.
- Cut Chicken into 1" strips - makes about 21 strips, 5" long
- Separate egg yolk and egg whites
- Beat the egg whites with 2 Tbsp water in a bowl
- Toss around chicken and ensured they are covered.
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
- Combine Coconut flour with Oregano, Basil, and Thyme in a bowl and mix
- Add coated chicken into the spice mixture and cover fully
- Place chicken fingers on parchment paper
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 min then flip over
- Bake for another 8-12 min or until golden brown.
- Remove and let cool for 5 min