Paleo Cherry Chocolate Haystacks
Chocolate has earned its own portions of bad reputation. Eating it has been linked to various unwanted effects like migraine, development of kidney stones, diabetes, and the dreaded weight gain (which may also cause migraine, so yeah, it is kind of a vicious cycle). Fortunately, one of its cousins, the less-famous and a lot more bitter dark chocolate, has been found to be brimming with flavonol, a powerful antioxidant, transforming it into a dieter’s staple.
Try this Paleo Cherry Chocolate Haystacks recipe and indulge in sweetness without the guilt.
- In a microwave safe container mix coconut oil and chocolate together.
- Microwave on low until both ingredients melt. Mix well.
- Add pecan, shredded coconut, almonds, dried cherries and vanilla to the chocolate mixtre.
- Mix together thoroughly.
- Scoop mixture into equal portions and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Chill until the chocolates are firm.
- Serve cold and enjoy!