Paleo Cherry Almond Arugula Salad Recipe
Salads are not supposed to be complicated. Back in the Ancient Roman times, people would simply sprinkle salt over their fresh greens and eat it during lunch time (probably while debating who sports the best toga), thus the health buff’s staple food is born.
Today, salads are abominable amalgamations of unhealthy and unnatural ingredients that bring more menace than maintenance to your health (Can you hear us, blue cheese and creamy dressings?) Opt instead for this easy to make Paleo Cherry Almond Arugula Salad Recipe. It is time to put back the healthy in the greens.
- In a skillet toast almonds until browned and fragrant.
- In a bowl combine cilantro and arugula.
- In a separate bowl, combine together coconut oil and balsamic vinegar and season well with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Top with the cherries and almonds and serve immediately.