Paleo Butternut Squash Cakes Recipe
Of all the sweet treats, cakes are probably the most universal. Each country in the world has their own version of baked goods made from gains/flour, eggs, sugar, and milk. Unfortunately, they are also one food that you should be avoiding, since they contain too much sugar and/or carbohydrates (which makes it harder since they are everywhere). So you should better stay away from them. Except this Paleo Butternut Squash Cakes Recipe. This is of a different kind.
- Steam the butternut squash until they turn tender
- Once tender mash into a fine pulp.
- Season the mashed pulp with onion powder, salt and pepper
- Add Sage, red onion and chives.
- Preheat skillet on medium with coconut oil
- Ladle mixture into pancake shapes and cook until brown and crispy on both sides