Paleo Balsamic Scallops And Veggies Recipe
There is a reason the Japanese and Chinese have peculiarly long lives, as their cuisine consists mostly of unadulterated food, fresh vegetables, minimally pan-fried meat, and lots of seafood. Scallops, an Asian staple, is one of the favorites. It is low in fat, is 80% protein, rich in magnesium and potassium, and is just 95 calories. Sear it in a pan, pair with vegetables, and you have a power meal, just like in this Paleo Balsamic Scallops And Veggies Recipe.
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute onions and bacon for 4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and carrots and continue sautéing for 2 minutes more.
- Add cilantro, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper and cook for one minute longer.
- Transfer veggie mixture into a clean plate and set aside.
- Defrost scallops and dry on paper towels. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, add the coconut oil and wait until heated through.
- Sear scallops in skillet for one minute on each side until nice and brown.
- Spread veggie mixture over the scallops in skillet and pour over balsamic vinegar.
- Gently stir. Saute and simmer for one to two minutes just until scallops are tender and cooked through. Make sure not to overcook or scallops will be rubbery.