Paleo Baked Salmon Recipe
Just a few tips when buying fresh salmon. First, like all fishes, it should not smell at all. Yes, a bit fishy smell will do, but not unpleasantly fishy. Second, it should be glistening and glossy. We are looking here for a flesh that is clean, firm, and evenly colored, and white marblings on the meat must be present, as this a sign of good omega-3 fatty acids.
Once you have your freshest pick, time to try this Paleo Baked Salmon Recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together ground almonds, chili powder, and fennel.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Pour lemon juice over salmon.
- Coat both sides of fillet with almond mixture.
- Lightly coat the broiler pan with coconut oil.
- Place fillets skin side down bake for 15 minutes or until salmon peels easily off the skin.
- Serve over a beat of steamed spinach if desired and top with fresh chopped cilantro.