Paleo Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Chorizo Recipe
Dates are the go-to fruits when a cake needs a shot of fruitiness, or the pie needs a bit more sweetness. But unknown to others, these Middle Eastern favorites pack vitamins, minerals, and health benefits that would render your multivitamin supplements useless. Dates are known to effectively reduced the risk of stroke, lower blood pressure, and improve digestive and heart health. It is also a great anti-inflammatory and yes, it promotes weigh loss.
For a more delicious date recipe, try this Paleo Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Chorizo Recipe.
- Preheat first the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice dates in half and place a piece of chorizo inside the dates.
- Wrap each date with a bacon strip and insert a toothpick to secure the bacon. Place all the dates on the prepared sheet tray.
- Prepare your baking dish
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the bacon on the surface just starts to get crispy, Turn the dates over halfway through for even cooking.
- While dates are in the oven bring 2 cups of spicy tomato sauce to a simmer add in your minced garlic.
- Once done, remove dates from the oven.
- Place cooked dates in a serving dish and top with spicy tomato sauce