Paleo Apple Crisp Recipe
Like its older cousin Apple Pie, Apple Crisp (or Apple Crumble, if you are British or Australian) is one of America’s most loved comfort food and desert, despite being fairly young (it didn’t appear on print until 1924). There was actually an entire Internet comment thread out there discussing which one of the two is better. Still, it is one of the best desserts out there come autumn, when apples are abundant and always accessible.
So, when the season comes, don’t forget about this Paleo Apple Crisp Recipe. Indulge!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish with coconut oil.
- Assemble apples and pour the orange juice over the apples.
- Mix and toss together to make sure the apples are well-coated.
- Combine pecans, cranberries, walnuts, raisins, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg in a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Spread the nut mixture over the apple mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes