Paleo Apple Coleslaw Recipe
Coleslaw, in its raw, pure state (without the additives, that is,) is one of the most nutritionally-packed side dish, compared to mashed potatoes, fries, or macaroni and cheese. But, if you make this dish swim in loads of mayonnaise, dressing, or sour cream, then its health benefits go down the drain. The payload of saturated fats, cholesterol, and sodium just cancels out all the vitamins, minerals, and fiber in the vegetables. The best bet would be to make your own and throw in some apples for more nutrients, like in this Paleo Apple Coleslaw Recipe.
- Shred the carrots and cabbage.
- Remove the cores from the apples and chop with the skin on.
- Take a bowl and combine the shredded cabbage, apples, and shredded carrots
- Take a separate bowl and mix the balsamic vinegar, honey and olive oil together
- Pour the dressing over the coleslaw and toss together
- Serve and Enjoy!