Paleo Mexican Chopped Salad Recipe
We know, after months of consuming it (because you know, diet), salads can be pretty darn boring. And sometimes switching to different kind, say Taco Salad, is too heavy. The loads of sour cream, tortilla, guacamole, Cheddar cheese, and ground beef that come with it are just not worth it because of the high-calories. Your best bet? Go Mexican, like this Paleo Mexican Chopped Salad Recipe.
Containing lettuce, cabbage, tomatoes, an avocado, cilantro, and few spices and honey (no sugar!) to taste, you can be sure it is as healthy as it can be.
- 3 cups Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 cup Jicama
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 2 cups diced cucumbers
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- In a food processor, thinly slice or shred lettuce and red cabbage.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Dice tomato, jicama, red onion, cucumbers, cilantro, and avocado.
- Prepare your dressing by combining salad dressing ingredients together.
- Fold in your dressing in the bowl mixture.
- Serve onto plates and top with toasted sunflower seeds.