Paleo Caramelized Onions Recipe
Most of us would not eat onions unless they are breaded and deep fried with a serving of mayonnaise dip on the side, which is bad because we are losing so much by saying no to these vegetables. Onions are brimming with chromium, which helps in regulating blood sugar. They are also known to lower blood cholesterol and fight cancer.
So what is the best way to eat onions? This Paleo Caramelized Onions Recipe. That is what.
- Slice off the root and top ends of the onions, peel the onions. Cut the onions in half. Lay them cut side down and slice the onions lengthwise to desired thickness.
- In a saute pan add onions and coconut oil together. Spread the onions out evenly over the pan and let cook, stirring occasionally
- After 10 minutes, add in honey and coconut aminos.
- Let cook for 30 minutes to an hour more stirring every few minutes. As soon as the onions start sticking to the pan, let them stick a little and brown, but then stir them before they burn.
- After the first 20 to 30 minutes you may want to lower the stove temperature a little, and add a little more oil.
- Continue to cook and stir, until the onions are a rich, browned color.