Paleo Balsamic Pearl Onions Recipe
It said that when Satan first walked on Earth, on his left footprints sprung garlic, and on the right came the onions. We are not really sure about this story, but what we are certain of is that onion, not to be outdone by garlic, is a compendium of vitamins and minerals like immunity-boosting Vitamin C, cancer-preventing quercetin, blood sugar-regulating chromium, as well as loads of free radicals that fights gastric ulcers.
For a more delicious dose of onion, make some of this Paleo Balsamic Pearl Onions Recipe. Enjoy.
- With a Paring knife, cut off the tip of the onion opposite of the rood end.
- Cook in Boiling water for 2 minutes drain squeeze the onion gently at the rood and slice off remaining root.
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in skillet. Add onions and cook unti they brown all over, stirring them around occasionally.
- Add honey and vinegar and rosemary sprig to skillet.
- Cover pan and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated and onions are caramelized.